Welcome to the New Year! How's it feeling for everyone?
We here at PEACE FITS are taking inventory of our blessings and lessons from 2019 and our last 10 years in business. PEACE FITS was established in 2006. Since then, we have been grateful to have the opportunity to build a business, a brand, and a community out of a dream.
Speaking of dreams, Monday January 20th is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. His famous “ I Have a Dream” speech is one of the most recognized speeches in the world. We here at PEACE FITS honor the legacy and work of Martin Luther King Jr. in his dedication to peace and achieving equality.
With that being said, enjoy 20% off Sitewide using CODE: LIVETHEDREAM through Jan. 25th.
Here's are a few fun facts that you may or may not know about Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. in his time, spoke over 2,500 times in the name of equality and justice?
- At age 35, he was the youngest person to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his dynamic leadership of the Civil Rights movement and steadfast commitment to achieving racial justice through nonviolent action. He donated the prize money, to the civil rights movement.
- A truly brilliant man, Martin Luther King Jr. went to Morehouse college at the age of fifteen. He would go on to receive honorary degrees at over 20 different universities in the US and abroad.
- King is the only non-president to have a national holiday in his name.
- There are over 900 streets in the United States named after him.
Thank you for supporting our dream and choosing independent, conscious fashion ✌️